It's been SEVEN weeks since Owen Joseph George graced us with his presence. SEVEN weeks! I can't believe its going by so fast. The first six weeks were filled with lots of crying (him AND me), lots of screaming fits (him AND me), lots of frustration (him AND me), lots of pooping (him AND me), lots of peeing, and we went thru lots of diapers, some spit ups, numerous changes of clothes, and there was LOTS of lost sleep. Over the last week however, we have gained back lots of sleep, lots of smiles, lots of giggles and coos and I feel like I'm finally getting over the newborn 'hump'.
It's amazing what happens when the baby starts sleeping the night.. its like you start to feel HUMAN again.. like almost a fully functional adult again. I'm happier these days too which is always nice for my husband and my boys. Owen is coming along nicely and smiles and 'talks' alot , especially after he's had his fill of boob. I call it being boob drunk, but either way he's REALLY happy after getting his fill of milk. Sean's mom has been here for a week and I think Owen REALLY likes her. He smiles and coos and laughs when she talks to him and its just so hard not to smile at that.
It's amazing what happens when the baby starts sleeping the night.. its like you start to feel HUMAN again.. like almost a fully functional adult again. I'm happier these days too which is always nice for my husband and my boys. Owen is coming along nicely and smiles and 'talks' alot , especially after he's had his fill of boob. I call it being boob drunk, but either way he's REALLY happy after getting his fill of milk. Sean's mom has been here for a week and I think Owen REALLY likes her. He smiles and coos and laughs when she talks to him and its just so hard not to smile at that.
He's sleeping anywhere from 5 to 7 hours at night and takes several naps during the day as well. I know its a little early to say this and hate to jinx it, but I think I'm going to have another good sleeper again. THANK GOD!




1 comment:
Isn't it great when you can see the light at the end of the tunnel?? I can't believe its been 7 weeks too-wow!!
Post a Comment