I am so grossed out right now. Earlier this evening, Sean noticed that our Lab had a problem with his...um.. well................. his ass. I don't recall just WHY sean was looking at our dog's asshole, but he was and it was a good thing because he noticed that Bailey had what looked like a huge swollen boil to the left of his anus. His poor bum was all red and swollen and looked like he had a boil the size of a walnut. It looked pretty bad, so of course I get online and start doing some research and come to the conclusion that he must have an impacted/infected anal sac. For those of you who don't have dogs and are wondering what the heck anal sacs are... go look at this site.. its all there...everything you ever wanted to know about anal sacs.
Anyhoo.. we made note of Bailey's 'condition' and decided that I needed to call the Vet first thing in the morning. So then I'm sitting at my desk finishing up my rant blog on Yo Gabba Gabba (The DUMBEST SHOW EVER) and then I sign off and head off to get ready for bed and do Owen's final feeding. Well my dog is such a mommy's boy, so as soon as I get up from my desk he gets up too and follows me to my room. On the way, I stop to grab something and Bailey continues on towards the room and as I'm following him I notice that something is LEAKING from him as he's walking........(can you say YUCK?) so I start yelling for Sean and get bailey back on the tile. To make a long story a little shorter... we take bailey outside and 'inspect' him. Apparently whatever this 'thing' was near his ass.. whether it is a boil or impacted anal sac or whatever, let's just say it RUPTURED and I had to sit outside with him and DRAIN this nasty thing..(GAG!).. Just sitting here typing this up is making me want to vomit again. It was Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo NASTY. I went thru TWO TOWELS trying to drain this nasty thing.. It was a good thing we noticed this thing leaking BEFORE we went to bed. I CANNOT imagine what my carpet would have looked like (or smelled like for that matter) if we had gone to bed and not caught this. My poor doggie. You know you love your dog when you are sitting outside on the patio at 11pm at night, putting towel after towel, draining this THING on your dogs ASS, trying to choke back vomit the whole time.
IT WAS SOOOOOOOO NASTY!!
Thank you Mom, by Emme
11 years ago




2 comments:
We have to express leo's anal glands at least once a month. he has some sort of problem where he doesn't express them himself like most dogs do. it is the most disgusting smell ever. I am so sorry!!!
OK, I would just like to say "thanks" to both you AND Tammy for painting such lovely visual images in my head. THANKS!
Post a Comment