Sean took Bailey to the vet yesterday and it was just as I thought. He had an infected anal sac which ruptured in two places. The vet actually ruptured a third spot and cleaned it all out. Now Bailey is on some oral antibiotics for the next 14 days as well as a topical antibiotic which I graciously volunteered Sean to do. The topical antibiotic has to be squirted INSIDE the rupture once a day for seven days (GAG!!) so as to try to heal it from the inside out. And of course, because dogs like to lick their wounds, he has to wear a lovely collar that he is so fond of.

The Vet also recommended that we bring him back in every 2 to 3 months, so they can drain the anal sac in order to prevent any more infections or we can do it ourselves......ummm yuck. Looks like I need to give Tammy a call since she and Sam seem to be experts on this. Tammy? Can we talk about our dog's butts? LOL!
1 comment:
Oh dear. I am so sorry. Yes, Sam can give Sean a lesson in this sad chore. :(
Post a Comment