So as you know, I haven't been sleeping much lately. Why do you ask? Um well his name is OWEN and he wakes me up like every 1 to 3 hours all day and all night long. Sounds fun huh? Well I can tell you its not fun, especially in the middle of the night. When colby was a newborn, we found that if we swaddled him tightly, he would sleep better. Sounds easy, right? Well so we tried that with Owen. The first couple of nights at home it worked just fine and he seemed to sleep better. After a while though, he began to make it very clear that having his arms restrained just really pissed him off. And he made this clear by screaming at us in the middle of the night until we released him. So I gave up on it and all night long I had to watch his little uncontrolled arms thrash and flail around and continually wake him up. Well the other night after having him wake me up every hour on the hour, I decided to go back up in the attic and find the Miracle Blanket. This was a swaddling blanket that I had purchased for Colby. It is a wonderous invention, made to swaddle babies so tightly, it looks like they are wearing little straight jackets. So last nite before I gave Owen his 10pm feeding, I wrapped that little boy up so tightly in this blanket. He was quite pissed off at me at this point and so I let him tell me how pissed off he was for about 10 minutes or so. When he calmed down a bit, we did our feeding for about 20 minutes and then the dude just COMPLETELY passed out and he slept until 3 AM!!!!!!!!!!!! For those of you who can't count.. that was almost FIVE HOURS... I was so shocked when I woke up and looked at my clock this morning and saw that Owen was still SOUND asleep. Thank God! Mommy got at least FOUR consecutive hours of sleep! (which is a complete rarity these days!). So NO WONDER they call this blanket the MIRACLE BLANKET.. because it is JUST that! Everyone with a newborn should get one. Sorry Owen, but mommy doesn't care right now if you don't like to be swaddled. If it means that Mommy gets to sleep a little bit more at night, your little ass is going to be swaddled EVERY NITE.
Deal with it dude!
Thank you Mom, by Emme
11 years ago




1 comment:
LOL, glad you got some sleep. ;)
Post a Comment