Sunday, October 19, 2008

Say Cheese

I just came back from spending a week at my mom's house so this week's posts will probably all be about reminiscing... so prepare yourself.

For those of you who know me, you know that I lost my father six years ago. My life has never been the same and I miss him terribly. But life goes on and so have I. As I've been going thru old pictures, I have begun to realize that I don't have hardly ANY pictures of me with my dad. How sad is that? Growing up as a kid, it just wasn't cool to pose with mom and dad for pictures. But now I have a different perspective on life and I wish I knew then what I know now and I wish I had not taken things for granted. For those of you who still have both of your parents, please know that life is SOOO short and that those we love can be gone tomorrow in a heartbeat.. no goodbyes, no hugs, no telling them you love them one last time. Please don't take your parents for granted. Sure they can get on your nerves and can be pain in the asses, but they are your parents... so next time someone pulls out a camera ... just shut up and smile and take a damn picture with your parents. You'll be glad you did........later.

No comments: