Tuesday, October 7, 2008

National Night Out

Tonight was National Night Out. It's a crime/drug prevention event where everyone is supposed to get out and meet your neighbors. In our neighborhood they had the police cars and firetrucks out with a Deputy giving an anti-crime speech. So we decided to get out and get 'neigborly'. When I called my friend Ivan to see if he was coming out, he kindly informed me that the presidential debate was coming on, and that he thought it was the dumbest thing ever that they would schedule the 'National Night Out' during a Presidential Debate. That made me laugh because it is funny and yet so ironic at the same time. Sean and I didn't want to watch it either so we walked around the neighborhood. It was a nice evening.. weather was perfect and in the 70's and Colby enjoyed getting in a firetruck and sitting behind the wheel.

However, Owen didn't appreciate being out and he screamed the entire time we were outside. Everyone kept staring at us. Oh well, that's life with a newborn I guess

No comments: