Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blog Slacking - Updates

Last night as I laid on the couch exhausted from a long day with a sick cranky two-year old with an ear infection, my husband was sitting next to me with his laptop. And while I was zoning out watching the 'Mentalist' on tv, he says to me... No Updates?? and so I look over at his computer and see that he has my blog up and it occurs to me that he is reading the blog and disappointed that I haven't been putting up any new posts lately. I guess that means I've been slacking again. So with one post I will attempt to update everyone on what's been going on at the George House.

I just came back from spending a week at my mom's house in San Antonio and I spent alot of time going thru old pictures on my mom's computers. I've been a bit moody and sad because going there always makes me think about my dad and how much of our lives he has missed, especially when it comes to his beautiful grandsons. But at least I have my mom and she is soaking up Owen as much as she can.

Owen had his first day at daycare recently. Leaving the second baby at daycare was no where near as hard as leaving the first. When I dropped Colby off for his first day of school, I sat in the parking lot and CRIED my eyes out for like 20 minutes... it was so depressing. But with Owen, I was like HERE!! TAKE HIM!! and then was almost skipping down the hall with glee at my newfound freedom. However after he spent all day Monday and Tuesday at daycare, I kind of missed the little man and greedily kept him home from school today so that I could get my baby hugs, giggles and smiles in. I only have a little over a week left of Maternity Leave and am NOT looking forward to going back to work. With Colby I was SOO ready to stop playing Mommy and get back to work, but this time I am not looking forward to going back to work and leaving my beautiful smiley boy.

Colby has a cold which developed into an ear infection. Tuesday morning around 5am he started screaming and crying, saying that his ear hurt. Poor little guy was probably up off and on for an hour and Sean and I took turns going up to his room to try to soothe him. Later in the day, his ear started draining some yucky stuff and off to the doctor we went. He had gone to his ENT appointment a week ago and they informed us that the tube in his left ear had already fallen out. And now he has a nasty ear infection that ruptured in his left ear. Poor guy :( Hopefully this won't be a trend and he wont' have to get another tube put in. That would be sucky.
Colby got his Halloween costume finally. I was thinking of dinosaur but when I ordered this I wasn't paying attention and its actually a dragon costume... close enough.. Colby doesn't know the difference yet :) I hope to get better pictures when he doesn't have snot pouring out of his nose... ahh the joys of two year olds and their colds.

Oh and another thing.... did I mention I'm addicted to FaceBook? I even set sean up with an account :) but he thinks its just for teenagers and mocks me constantly about it. I think its more of a great tool to keep in touch with friends and family. So if you aren't on there yet, then set up an account so we can keep in touch!

No comments: