Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Back To Basics

Tonight I was on my own with boys. Sean went out to play poker tonight (at an illegal gambling place, I might add). He kindly mentioned to me that if he got arrested that I would be the first person he called. Ummm.... gee thanks, Dear. Then I kindly reminded him that we don't answer the phone when we see Harris County Prison on the caller ID, so if he gets arrested for playing poker then his ass will just have to spend a night in jail. (just kidding Seanie). We've gotten several calls in the past from the Harris County Jail .... collect calls to be specific. Don't ask me why or who or what... So, sorry dear friends...but if you go to jail and end up calling the George's for your 'one-phone-call'... we don't answer the phone.

And so since we were on our own for dinner, I decided that we would have good ol' trusty cheese tortellini. Tammy will agree with me when I tell you that it is the BEST. Colby just loves it and its one of those things that I can count on when he won't eat anything else. (Did you READ my 'I HATE COOKING' Rant?). I was so happy to hear my sweet two year old say, 'More Pasta PLEASE'!! as he happily gobbled down two large servings for dinner. Even Owen was happy as a clam while I rocked his bouncer with my foot while I ate my dinner. Why can't every meal be as easy as tortellini nights?
As the night came to an end, I tucked my sweet little boy into bed after several attempts on his part to stall bedtime ('Read another book mommy', 'I have to go pee-pee', 'I want some milk', 'I want socks on', 'Where's my binky', 'I want my car', 'I want two cars'... and so on and so on), I kissed my son goodnight and told him, 'I love you Colby' and he said, ' Thank you Mommy'.
"Thank You Mommy"??? Well I guess that is about as close as I can get to 'I Love You Too' from a two year old. I'll take it any way I can get it.

Sigh... one boy down, one more to go... This is tough work!

I guess until Owen wakes up for his next feeding I can sit on the couch and enjoy the peace and quiet while I decide what treat I'm going to gobble down as reward for all this hard work tonight.
I think it will be Pumpkin... definately Pumpkin... something or other.. (Hmm.. maybe this is why I haven't lost all the baby weight yet :X)
Ahhh.. decisions, decisions....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember to ALWAYS answer the ones from Bexar County Jail....

Tammy said...

I'm sorry you were on your own last night... that is so hard! But yay for cheese tortellini, "thank you mommy's" and pumpkin yumminess! :)

Anonymous said...

Did the entire family eat topless, or was that just Colby?