Since my friend Tammy is always sharing recipes, I thought I would contribute one of my favorite pumpkin recipes. I make it every year and it is sooooo yummy.
Pumpkin Pecan Praline
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 package White or Yellow Cake Mix
1/2 cups chopped pecans
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches.
3. Mix pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour into pan
4. Sprinkle cake mix (dry) over pumpkin mixture.
5. Sprinkle with pecans.
6. Pour melted butter over top.
7. Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center of dessert comes out clean.
*****************************************************
**I wrote the recipe as originally written, however I like to change it up a little bit.
I like to use almost a cup of finely chopped pecans
I like cinnamon, ALOT.. even though the recipe doesn't call for it by itself, I go hog wild and sprinkle alot in the pumpkin mixture. And then after I sprinkle the dry cake mix down, i sprinkle more cinnamon on top. After I sprinkle the pecans and butter on top, i sprinkle a cinnamon-sugar mix on top.
After it bakes for 50 minutes, the top can start to get REALLY brown... so sometimes I will cover it with foil towards the end... this will cause the time to cook to exceed the original 50 to 60 minutes by an additional 10 to 15 more minutes.
ENJOY!
Thank you Mom, by Emme
11 years ago




1 comment:
that soounds yummy....you will have to bake it for me when i come to visit!
Post a Comment