Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Terrible Two-isms

Since my last post was about Colby hitting the Terrible-Twos... here's some Colbyisms related to that wonderful subject of "I DON'T WANNA..."

1) Colby was playing with some bouncy balls and he says, "Look Mommy I got TWO balls" and of course, Mommy makes a smart ass comment saying, "Yes Colby, you have two of them.. a left one and a right one". And then Colby says, "I don't wanna have two balls''....................

Umm.. sorry dear.. they come attached... it was a package deal... beans AND franks, you know?

2) Sean goes upstairs to get Colby ready for school and the monitor is on so I can hear them downstairs. Colby is already awake and playing in his room. Sean opens the door and says 'Good Morning Colby'... and Colby says.. 'I don't wanna Good Morning'.

3) And the one that almost made me cry after a horrible day....

After Sean does bathtime, I usually read Colby two books and then tuck him in and put him to bed. So last night, I asked Colby to go pick out a book and he says.. 'I don't want Mommy to read a book.. I want DADDY!'. This goes back and forth a couple of times and Sean finally says, "Colby you are supposed to love Mommy." and Colby says.. ' NO! I DON'T'!!

**Sniff**Sniff*** - What a meanie!

2 comments:

Korrinna said...

Oh Bel, I feel your pain, Martin has been the same way. He leapt from my arms to Michael for his bedtime hugs and story last night!

Sigh, I thought I had a few more years before I was passed over!

Unknown said...

awwww Colby. It will pass. Just wait soon it will be "WHY"