Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Typical Workday (In Pictures)

We start the day off by running late, as usual. Colby loves to eat waffles with peanut butter and syrup for breakfast. Owen gets to sleep in as he is always the last one I get up in the mornings.

Then we are off and out of the house and on our way to work and school... braving the traffic on I-10.


I drop the kiddos off at their school... And then head across the street to my work where I wander in late at 9:30am... Here's my messy desk.

Here's my sweet friend and co-worker John, as I move aside my files so I can chat with him first thing in the morning.


Then I'm off to my morning status meeting... Fun Times......

After the meeting, we hit up the 'Health Food' jar for a quick burst of sugar.


Then its time to sit down and actually do some work for a while...
Here's some design work and testing scenarios I was working on today.


And then its time to brave the elements and walk across the street to 'take care of business' in the Mother's Room. In otherwords, it's time to go PUMP!


And when I'm done with my 'business', I stop to listen to the Christmas carolers in the lobby before I head out of the building.

Then I'm off to the cafeteria to grab some grub and stand in the long long lines.

Then I head back across the street and back to my desk where I eat lunch at my desk while I blog about the nasty ass microwave on our floor.

Then after a few more hours of work at my desk, I'm off to go BACK across the street to visit the Mother's Room...... AGAIN... (**MOOOOOOOOOOO***)


Then I head back to my building and on my way back to my desk someone mentions they are having birthday cake for someone in the kitchen. MMMMmmmmmm Cake.. I like cake. So I run to the kitchen knocking down anyone who gets in the way of my cake and I grab me a big piece and head back to my desk.


Where I continue to do some work and answer quite a few instant messages from co-workers and friends (as well as log a few defects with our system.)
And then after an hour or two, I see the following email :

And wouldn't you know it, it's actually SLEETING outside.. there is some form of SNOW outside in Houston!! Unbelievable! So I decide to pack it up early and head off to get the boys.

BRRRRR! It's cold outside!

I head over to the daycare and pick up the boys and make sure they are bundled up and I HEAD home for the day.



And that in a nutshell is a day in the life of ME. Pretty boring, huh?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love these blogs. they are AWESOME. i can't believe you have to walk across the street to pump! And is Sean a part of this day? :)

Katie said...

This was my favorite post yet. Thanks for taking me through your day. I loved it.

Tammy said...

You make me laugh :)

Mel said...

you're too cute Bel. i didn't think it was boring at all......I like to know what people do in their days!

Unknown said...

that was a cool post.